1. In terms of Section 18, 19, 20, 83 & 84 of the Nature Conservation Ordinance, 1975: Ordinance 4 of 1975, as amended, no person shall:-
a) Drive a vehicle anywhere other than the roads available for visitors.
b) Drive a vehicle on a road that has been declared closed by a road sign;
c) Drive faster than the general speed limit of 60km/hr or faster than the particular speed limit of 20km/hr within the area of the officially designated campsite or rest camp;
d) Drive or park to the inconvenience of others;
e) Bring or drive any animal, whether domestic or otherwise, into the game park or allow it to enter the game park;
f) Please ensure that your fireplace is safe when leaving. Fire is a high risk in the park, and we urge all visitors to take care of this.
g) Bring any air gun, bow and arrow, sling, catapult or unsealed firearm into the game park. Should such a person not be able to give a satisfactory explanation for an unsealed gun found in their possession, he shall be guilty of an offence;
h) Kill, injure or unnecessarily disturb any wild animal in the game park;
i) Gather, mutilate, damage, or unnecessarily tamper with any tree, plant, or shrub or any other object of botanical, zoological, geological, archaeological, historical or any other scientific interest in a game park;
j) roll down or throw stones from any height or mountain;
k) relieve themselves anywhere except in the sanitary conveniences provided, therefore;
l) Fires are only in fireplaces and nowhere else.
m) deposit any rubbish anywhere except in the containers provided for that purpose;
n) contaminate drinking water in any manner whatsoever or tamper with a water installation;
o) present any public entertainment or charge the public any money or make any trade or distribute any pamphlet, book, handbill, or other printed or written matter or organize, hold or address any meeting or gathering in the game park;
p) at any time make a noise unnecessarily or unreasonably, cause or allow such a noise, which may disturb another person or the game, or do anything which may be a nuisance, hindrance or obstruction to the public.
2. Any person entering the game park shall immediately report to the officer in charge or their representative.
3. Every permit holder shall strictly observe and adhere to the conditions of the license.
4. All accommodations inside the park must be empty at 10h00.
5. Receipts or tickets issued in payment of services rendered or for accommodation, or any article supplied by an officer of the game park, shall be retained by the persons to whom it was issued. He shall produce it when requested to do so by an officer.
6. Every visitor to the game park shall take reasonable and proper care to the satisfaction of the officer in charge of the use of government property.
7. No persons shall visit the residence of an officer or employee of the Government Services. You will require permission to do so.
8. No person shall have a wild animal or other animals in the game park.
9. No person shall enter or occupy a camping site without resorting to reservations.
10. You cannot remove any furniture and other equipment from the accommodation of your choice. Should furniture or equipment be damaged, it shall be reported immediately to the officer in charge, and you must compensate the park.
11. Any person entering the game park does so at their own risk. The Government is not liable for any damage which visitors may suffer because of any physical injury, whether fatal or not, or for any damage or loss which visitors may suffer as a result of fire, theft, or the negligence or design of any other person or bring about by any animal in the game park.
12. No person shall:-
a) stay overnight in the game park in any place other than a rest camp;
b) travel in the game park or cross the boundaries of the game park after sunset or before sunrise.
13. No person shall:-
a) leave a rest camp except by vehicle or alight from or hang out of a car except in a rest camp or designated camping site save for a sound reason which they must be able to substantiate;
b) No music in the park and only at a rest camp, without disturbing other visitors.
14. All open Game drive vehicles must adhere to vehicle safety regulations.
15. Flying any aircraft lower than 1000 meters above ground level over the park is illegal. The exception is when taking off and landing or landing elsewhere except at the official landing strips at the rest camp.
This is only an extraction of the Etosha Regulations contained in the government Notice.
Please abide by the Etosha Regulations.