Waterberg Plateau Park
Waterberg camp is situated at the base of the cliffs of the Waterberg Plateau inside the Waterberg Plateau Park.
The Plateau is about 200m high with commanding views of the surrounding landscapes and a sanctuary for endangered species.
Black & white rhino and sable and roan antelope are among the rare species that roam the plateau. The Waterberg is also the breeding ground for the endangered Cape Vulture.
Accommodation is offered in a range of chalets from double rooms to bush chalets and premier bush chalets.
- Family chalet: self catering unit with 2 bedrooms with 2 beds in each room sharing one bathroom. Equipped kitchenette and a braai area
- Premier bush chalet: deluxe chalet with queen size bed , en-suite bathroom, fridge and tea/coffee station
- Bush chalet (4 bed): two bedroom unit each with own bathroom. Lounge area, fridge, and tea/coffee station and braai area.
- Bush chalet (2 bed): two beds, en-suite bathroom, lounge area, fridge, tea/coffee station and braai area.
- Double room: two beds, en-suite bathroom, fridge and tea/coffee station.
- Tourist shop
- Guided game drives – morning and afternoon (morning drive includes breakfast on plateau and afternoon drive includes sun-downer refreshments)
- Walking trails
- More challenging walk to a lookout point at the top of the plateau.
- The restaurant and bar area are located in the old historic Rasthaus, built in 1908 the Rasthaus was originally used as a police post.
- There are fossilized dinosaur footprints on the plateau as well as a colonial cemetery at the base of the mountain.
|Accommodation||November 2013 – June 2014||July 2014 – October 2014|
|Guided morning and afternoon game drives R550 per person|
|Per Person Sharing||Single Rate||Per Person Sharing||Single Rate|
|Double Room||BB||N$ 440||N$ 440||N$ 500||N$ 600|
|Bush Chalet ( 2 Beds)||BB||N$ 540||N$ 540||N$ 600||N$ 700|
|Bush Chalet (4 Beds) Min 2||BB||N$ 540||n/a||N$ 600||n/a|
|Family Chalet (4 Beds) Min 2||BB||N$ 600||n/a||N$ 680||n/a|
|Premier Bush Chalet (2 Beds)||BB||N$ 650||N$ 650||N$ 720||N$ 820|
Camping N$ 100 per site plus N$ 110 per person