What to Pack
As Namibia has a typical semi-dessert climate with hot days and cool nights, it is recommended that you pack both summer clothing as well something warm for the evenings. It is advisable to pack a sweater and/or jacket as it becomes quite cool in the evenings and early mornings.
- First-aid kit containing, amongst others, insect repellent, possibly a malaria prophylaxis, bandages, diarrhoea medication and painkillers; sufficient supplies of your regular medicines
- Sunglasses, sun protection and a hat (year-round sunshine)
- Moisturising lotion and lip balm
- Comfortable walking shoes & sandals
- Binoculars, cameras, extra memory card and battery
- Battery-operated or conventional razors (if visiting remote areas)
- Travel insurance policy and repatriation insurance
- Telephone list with all the emergency numbers, including the numbers of family and friends back home
- Rehydrate solutions or concentrates.
- Plug adaptor for three prong round hole plugs (Same as SA)