Onguma game reserve
The Private Reserve is on the eastern side of Etosha Pan. It is bordering Fisher’s Pan. Onguma Game Reserve is one of Namibia’s best-kept secrets! Here you will be afforded the opportunity of experiencing Africa in all her beauty and diversity. Onguma Game Reserve has more than 34,000 hectares of protected land and wildlife.
Our nature reserve boasts over thirty different animal species consisting of plains game including kudu, giraffe, eland, oryx, hartebeest, zebra, impala and many more roam freely as well as predators such as lion, cheetah, leopard, being everyday residents of the area.
The latest addition to the already abundant wildlife at Onguma Game Reserve is a family of black rhinos! More than 300 bird species are common at Onguma Game Reserve. During the Namibian summer months, the nature reserve becomes a birdwatcher’s paradise with thousands of species migrating to the wetlands created by the seasonal rains and ephemeral river systems.
Accommodation consists of:
- Camping sites for those of you with your camping equipment who want to get close to nature.
- Bush Camp for the medium budget traveller, with bungalows and rooms, perfect for the family.
- Tented Camp for the more exclusive safari experience, in an exquisitely styled tent.
- Tree Top Camp for an intimate wildlife experience.
- The Fort luxurious lodge is famous for its breathtaking sunsets over Etosha Pan.
- Etosha Aoba for a traditional bush lodge experience.
Guests can enjoy game drives on Onguma Game Reserve. Alternatively, guests can also participate in a nature drive into Etosha National Park where you will be afforded the opportunity of viewing the various game in the largest national park in Namibia.
Onguma Private Airstrip
Onguma Game Reserve now has a private airstrip. Your safari starts the moment you touch down.
Latitude: S 18 43.873’
Longitude: E 17 02.881’
Surface: Clay and Gravel
Windsock: Size: medium, Orange, located south of Runway, next to aircraft parking area
Tiedown cables: 6m spacing in the parking area
Fuel: not available
- Facilities at the Onguma airfield include a 3 X 4m cement run-up apron and a thatched lapa with a fire extinguisher.
- The travelling time from the airfield to any of the Onguma camps is approximately 20min.
- Please provide the correct Estimate Time of Arrival to our reservations department.
- Please ensure that the correct airfield is communicated to us when you make your booking.
- Unfortunately no refuelling facilities.
Etosha Aoba Lodge offers Hemingway style luxury within the onguma game reserve. Treat yourself and enjoy the 3 night special package.
Onguma Bush Camp is situated in Onguma Game Reserve on the eastern edge of Etosha National Park. The closest gate to Etosha Park is at Namutoni Camp.
Onguma Game Reserve offers onguma campsites. Well located and well serviced campingsites with excellent facilities. A great option when visiting Etosha.
Onguma Tented Camp is part of the Onguma Game Reserve Portfolio. Book this luxury tented camp and visit Etosha Park this Season.
Onguma Game Reserves has a one of a kind Lodge. Onguma the Fort is a unique design and allow for perfect in and out door living.
Onguma Tree Top Camp is built around a waterhole. Natural materials and open plan design. These Tree Top units are spectacular.