Waterberg Plateau Park
Waterberg Plateau Park nestles along the base of the cliffs of the Waterberg Plateau. This is close to the Otjiwarongo region.The Aterberg Plateau is inside the national park. It towers some 200m above the surrounding landscape, and the plateau with its sheer cliffs and fascinating rock formations serve as a breeding area for endangered animal species. Waterberg Plateau Park is situated east of Otjiwarongo off the D2512. Turn north off the C22 onto the D2512 and the camp is 17 km from the junction on the northern side of the road.
Accommodation is in a combination of double rooms, premier (bush) and family chalets. Each room has an en-suite bathroom, with wrought iron vanity units and ceramic basins, (complementary toiletries and soft towels), a ceiling fan, twin bed with comfortable bedding, bedside lamps, a wardrobe, a dressing table with mirror, a couple of lounge chairs, a tea/coffee station and a mini-fridge. A big sliding door leads into a private porch area, complete with table and chairs. Some of the rooms have barbeque facilities.
• Family Chalet: Self catering unit with two bedrooms, kitchenette and braai (barbeque) area.
• Premier Bush Chalet: deluxe double chalet with queen size bed only one room, en-suite bathroom, fridge & tea station.
• Bush Chalet (4 adults): two bedroom chalet, both rooms en-suite, lounge area, fridge, tea station and braai area.
• Bush chalet (2 adults): double chalet with bathroom, lounge area, fridge, tea station and braai area.
• Double Room: room with en-suite bathroom, fridge & tea station GUEST SERVICES.
• Tourist shop.
• Laundry service upon request.
• Free Parking.
THINGS TO DO
• Daily guided 4×4 game drives to the plateau.
• A selection of shorter walking trails around the camp.ning or afternoon. The fit and active can climb up to a look-out point on the top of the plateau.
• A variety of animals can be viewed in and around the plateau.
• Over 200 bird species have been recorded in the area, including the only colony of the endangered Cape Vulture left within Namibia.
The restaurant and bar are still located in the old, historic Rasthaus. This was built in 1908 and originally used as a police post.
• Terrain is suitable to hiking
• Ancient fossilized Dinosaur footprints on the plateau.
• Colonial cemetery at the base of the mountain.